New

New
Treking in the woods.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Proof is in the pudding!!!!!

Richard and I have been in Minnesota since the 17th of December. From that day on we have had wind, snow, rain,freezing rain and beautiful sunshine. At this very moment in time the temp is dropping down and down. It was only 9 degrees when I got up this morning at 9 a.m. and now at 4:45 p.m. it is a mere 17 degrees. We went into Rochester to have lunch with Jason. It was nice to be with him even for a little bit. We made a weekly trip to the grocery store to stock up on all the stuff it takes to fill up a couple of growing boys. They are growing up faster with each passing day. I sometimes wish I could push Jason back into a very small boy again so he could sit on my lap. A little bit ago I went to hug him hello after his day at work and realized once again how tall he is. I sometimes long for those old days when he needed me to do everything for him. When he needed me to hold his hand and not me needing him to hold my hand. Life turns around ever so slowly it seems. With all the ice and snow around here he is very protective of me and trying to keep from falling. With two titanium knees it would not feel good or be good for me to land on either of them. So now I toddle across the icy parking lot with my hand in my sons to steady my steps. WOW!!! I am a very lucky woman to have the love of a son.
Lainey called me the day before yesterday just to tell me she had lost another tooth. I love the fact that she just has to tell me that she had finally gotten rid of that loose tooth. I love the fact that she thinks enough of me and her grandpa to call us to tell us the news. I am the luckiest Grandma in the world to have 2 beautiful granddaughters and 2 awesome grandsons. The girls all three of them, Erin, Isabelle and Lainey are the most wonderful girls I know. Erin is my best friend. We shop together, bowl together, have dinner together and confide in each other when need be. I envy her at times the drive she has to go after something she wants so much and that is to further her nursing knowledge and her degree. She has struggled and fought her way to do what has called her. With the help of Tommy her ex husband, her father and I as well as any number of friends and family members she continues to amaze me.
I feel like I have had the most wonderful life of all. At time it has been tough but most of the time and the times I remember most are the greatest. I love the hard times they made me stronger, I love the good times they made me humble, I love the so so times they made me want to make my life better. I love my life. In July Richard and I will celebrate 40 years of married life together. WOW that sounds like a lot. In all honesty at first I could never see myself married that long but for the last 20 years or so I could not see myself with anyone else or any where else in this world. God has truly blessed my life with beautiful children, stupendous grandchildren, the best sisters, parents, aunts and uncles,nieces, nephews, cousins and absolutely the best friends a person could ever be blessed with. I give my undying love and gratitude to each one of these people in my life.
In the coming days we will go back home to Idaho and our way of life once again. As much as I have loved spending this time with Jason, Christy, Samuel and Christian I would be lying if I said I was not anxious to get home. I long to sit with my feet up in my easy chair and vegitate. To not feel like I have to get up and be a member of polite society. I miss the girls I am used to seeing if not every day then every other day or so. I miss my dog Dolly and cat TC. I miss my heated water bed. The bed we sleep in here is nice and comfy just cold when first crawled into. I actually miss Dolly, the dog, snoring. She makes the strangest noises at night. I will miss my boys and Christy. I will even miss Boz! He is the silliest dog. He has such a crazy thing.
I look forward to spending a week with all of my sisters together in the place we were all born. I want to make all kinds of plans about where to go and things to see. We will have such a great time. I look forward to flowers, green grass and just getting on with life.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WHO READ THIS. Lucy thank you for doing this for me. You are the bomb and my inspiration. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment