New

New
Treking in the woods.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Timber!






You'll notice in one picture someone forgot to move the ladder!
I was only kidding!!!! Really I was! Know look what I have in my front yard, or should I say don't have a big ol pine tree. We were in the process of replacing a slab of concrete that we had to remove when we did some electrical work. When the guys came out to prep the ground for the work I was kidding them about the tree that was always in the way. When ever we wanted to park our boat at the side of the house it was a real trick not to scrape the boat on the branches or hit the duel fenders on the trunk. I told them to take it out. Wellllll they did not take it out. The next day I made a trip to the grocery store and when I came home laying across the driveway was the tree. Richard and our neighbor were taking limbs off it when I left and Richard decided to pull it over with his truck just for good measure. It so much better and the small that we were replacing grew to included a new drive way. It will look so much better than the cracked and broken one it replaces. We did tell our kids that it, the new driveway, was part of their inheritance. Both of them said it is just what they always wanted. LOL!!!!
I have been following my little sister Lucy blog since we got back from Nebraska. She inspired me to do the same and I find it so much fun. Lucy writes so beautifully and from the heart. What she said in there about me made me very proud. Connie and Lucy have always been very much apart of my life when they were growing up. I was left in charge so much of the time as Dad was driving truck four days of the week and Mom was busy working most evenings. I cooked and got us all to bed when we were supposed to. Well for the most part anyway. Our tv was in a cabinet that had doors. We would watch it in the dark then shut it off real quick when we saw Mom pull in the drive way. It is the house in Lucy's pictures. We would shut the doors so the bright dot in the middle of the tv set couldn't be seen. Sneaky weren't we. It usually got only about 30 to 45 more minutes of tv time. We had so much fun growing up together. I was heart broken when Mom moved away. I spent a good many months being mad at her for taking Connie and Lucy away from me. I was married at the time but it was still a very lonely time for me. Richard and I eventually bought that house and fixed it up when we moved to Boise. I missed never living in it when it was so cute. Next I will tell you about some of our Christmases. Keep tuned we'll see how far it takes us.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful for all the things you did for us, for me! I saw that tree on the driveway and my first sound? OHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I was glad to find out that it was on purpose.

    ReplyDelete