New

New
Treking in the woods.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Come and Gone!!!!!

The end has come and gone and now Dad has started his everlasting life in the company of our Lord and all his extended family. On the way to Nebraska in the company of my two younger sisters and their husbands we had a lot of time to talk and laugh about Dad, Mom, all us kids, the pets we had, the trips we took so much more. Connie made a comment that really stuck with me. She wondered who would be at heavens gate to meet Dad! First on foremost his Mom and Dad, then his brother Don, and his sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents and numerous friends. One other sticks out in my mind and that would be my beloved Emery. The nephew that spent so much time with us that he was more like a son. He was towing along his little sister Lori. Lori never met Dad but he loved her all the same.
We had some good laughs at each other while we were spending almost a week together in each others company. As much as I laughed and took mental note of all that went on I can not seem to bring any of the funny stuff to mind right at this moment. I think once past the pain of loss the funny things that we said or did will come flooding back. It was easier when we were all together but it is so hard to be home and feel so far away from everyone.
We are spending a week together in April and I am so looking forward to having a wonderful week of eating, laughing and visiting the places we have not been to in a very long time. I think we will even try making it to a church service at the First Baptist Church where we spent many happy hours as little kids.
Carol had the dubious task of settling the estate and I do not envy her one iota. We did go to his house and remove his old uniform, his fishing pole and lots of pictures. I would love to get them put on a DVD and give a copy to all my sisters. I think we will have a slide night and go thru all the slides and decide what ones to put on the disc. It should prove to be immense fun.
One of the scariest things that happen to us was the automatic door locks on the Tahoe. We ended up having the keys locked in it when we were at Uncle Larry's. When it happened we all just looked at each other in stunned silence. We were a long way from no where, and a lock smith would have cost us a bunch. Uncle Larry called the local sheriff, he came out and helped the guys get into the car. Whew! that was a close call. We were very careful after that to not leave the key in it. Our evening at Uncle Larry's was one of the best times we ever had. We had a quick dinner then just sat around. Uncle Larry got out his banjo and his guitar and we all joined in singing some old songs we all sang when we were kids. Carol was the only one missing be we did the best we could with out her. Maybe next time she will be around.
I will let this go for know. I need to get busy on something around here. Not sure what, the whole house seems to be calling my name and it doesn't not listen to me when I tell it to hush up. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment